Imedex has submitted an application for the ESMO 20th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer to award ESMO-MORA points. All participants will receive a certificate of participation at the end of the Congress. Recertification is necessary for those medical oncologists who wish to remain professionally certified by the European Society of Medical Oncology. It also guarantees that a certified medical oncologist has continued to update her/his knowledge and still possess the necessary skills and standards for the practice of medical oncology.
Who Should Attend
This Congress is specifically designed for practicing clinicians, gastroenterologists, hepatologists, pathologists, surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and clinical researchers who wish to review and update their knowledge and management of cancers of the gastrointestinal tract.
After attending this Congress, participants should be able to:
- Identify current controversies in the management of patients with gastric or esophageal cancers
- Discuss contemporary treatment options for patients with gastric or esophageal cancers
- Comment on available treatment options for rare gastrointestinal and neuroendocrine tumors
- Describe the epidemiology and pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma
- Discuss management of patients with cancer of the liver
- Identify adjuvant and neoadjuvant treatment options for patients with locally advanced and metastatic cancer of the pancreas
- Select the most appropriate detection, screening, and chemoprevention methods for colorectal cancer
- Describe the use of molecular markers for screening and prognosis of colorectal cancer and gastric cancer
- Select the most appropriate adjuvant and neoadjuvant treatments for colorectal cancer patients
- Comment on new agents in the treatment of colorectal cancer and the latest clinical trials results
- Identify treatment strategies for rectal cancer
- Distinguish appropriate surgical techniques for the treatment of gastrointestinal cancer