The World GI Congress organisers welcome media interested in obtaining information and reporting on cancer issues. Registration is free to bona fide journalists on presentation of a letter of assignment and a valid press card. Media representatives are required to observe and abide by the WGI Media Policy.
To apply for media accreditation, please fill out this form.
Media registration in advance is strongly recommended. Further information for press representatives will be made available closer to the event.
Third-Party Media Activities
Media activities initiated by third parties during or in connection with the event are subject to the WGI Policy on Third-Party Media Activities which aims to guarantee proper and correct distribution of oncology and cancer-related information to media representatives in connection with the conference. Such media activities include (but are not limited to):
- Meetings such as press conferences, media briefings and educational sessions involving media representatives
- PR activities, such as press releases, news, articles, interviews, etc.
Press events concomitant with/or during breaks of the scientific programme of the event are subject to WGI Press Office approval.
Please submit your request by contacting the WGI Press Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During Blackout Times, any media event initiated by third parties is not allowed:
Wednesday, 30 June from 12:00 CEST – 21:00 CEST
Thursday, 1 July from 10:30 CEST – 19:30 CEST
Friday, 2 July from 08:00 CEST – 20:37 CEST
Saturday, 3 July from 09:00 CEST – 18:30 CEST
Publication Schedule of Accepted Abstracts
- Titles of all accepted abstracts including Late-Breaking Abstracts, Orals, Short Orals, Poster Discussions, and Posters, are available in the online programme here.
- Abstracts accepted in Poster and Poster Discussion categories will be published in PDF format on the Annals of Oncology website on June 29.
- Abstracts accepted in Late-Breaking, Oral, and Short Oral categories are embargoed until the start of the official Congress session during which they are presented.
- Abstracts in all categories will be published online to a supplement of Annals of Oncology on July 3, 2021 at 16:30 CET.